We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Barnabas. Our Parish Safeguarding Officers can be contacted on email@example.com and our Churchwardens can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Pamela Chisholm email@example.com 020 7939 9423
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon
Marie Daly firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7939 9441 Mobile 07946 255295
Louise Vernon email@example.com 020 7939 9462 Mobile 07946 255622
For urgent matters out of hours, call 020 3874 6743
You can see the current edition of A Safe Church by clicking here
The Church of England offers online training for anyone within a Church community who needs to have a basic awareness of safeguarding issues, and fuller online training for those who hold positions of responsibility for the safeguarding of others, or who are in positions of safeguarding leadership, within church settings: see https://safeguardingtraining.cofeportal.org/course/view.php?id=7. (You will initially need to create an account.)
St Barnabas Safeguarding Policies
Click to see the following safeguarding policy documents adopted by the Parochial Church Council: